Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NA, NA, NA, NA…HEY, HEY, HEY, GOOOODBYE!

By: Naomi Hillard

This volleyball year has been some sort of difficult because of the loss of our tall girls that we had last school year. Our team has become plenty of people shorter than it was when I was a freshman. But enough about what is wrong with our team because we have perks, plenty of perks; we work as a team, we talk as a team, we run as a team, we walk as a team, we play as a team, and we win as a team! I love my team, they love me. Judging on how we play in a game, we are great. We’re confident, and can hit very decent. I and the three other seniors very much appreciate our team this year/season and are going to miss the sport. What exactly will we miss, you ask? I have interviewed all of the seniors, including myself.
Caitlin Carter (# 21): “I am going to miss high school volleyball overall. My teammates are like my family, and you’ll never get that strong of a bond anywhere else. I am going to miss how passionate we all are, and sharing that passion with the other girls! I will most definitely miss my number and hope that it will be passed down to a girl that loves the game as much as me. I’m going to miss having seniority over the team, that’s a great feeling because you get to lead with the rest of the seniors (and it’s also funny making Payton mad). No matter if I go to college to play volleyball, this will ALWAYS be my number 1 team!”
Alexis Taylor (#10): “I’m going to miss having the close relationship that I’ve formed with my team throughout the years. I’ve been playing with these girls for so long, and they are like a different type of family to me. We are all there for each other, and I couldn’t ask for a better group of girls to spend so much time with. I will also miss the irreplaceable feeling that comes along with winning a rally, scoring an ace, or making a kill. I’ve become so passionate about volleyball, and it’s something that you have to be a part of to understand.”
Naomi Hillard (#7):  “I will for sure miss doing what I do best, spiking. I’ve always felt something about volleyball that I haven’t felt in any other thing that I do. I’ll miss the crowd in the stands that cheer for us every game. I’ll miss having a number on my back, my favorite number I might add. I’ll definitely miss my volleyball family, especially Payton Brown! I’ll miss how big it has become, I love them girls. I’ll miss playing the sport because I’m so excited when I play it. I’ll just miss my senior year being filled with my favorite sport!”
Haley Binkley (#3):  “I’m going to miss just being on the court in general. I loved being in the back-row and having a clear sight of the whole court. I’ll miss all the excitement when we put the ball down and come together. Honestly, I’ll miss standing out with the different color jersey. I’ll miss Naomi too, that’s my wife. <3 I’m going to miss playing another year of volleyball with Alexis, Nao, and Carter. I’ll miss saving the ball on a bad play and picking up the super hard hits. (They sucked…. A lot) I’ll miss it sooo much, especially my seniors and my setter (Payton Brown).


No comments:

Post a Comment